Most people have planned their own parties before and set up meetings for their office, why pay someone to do something you can do yourself? Well, to start off event planners specialize in planning events. We chose this profession because we love the industry and have experience in it. So besides our love and experience why else should you choose an event planner over planning it yourself?
1) Events Take Time to Plan – Sometimes planning an event takes times away from the the things you love and are good at. Do you really want your administrative assistant missing a call from an important client while she is on the phone discussing details with the venue? Or if you are a mother planning a sweet sixteen how much nicer would it be to spend a day shopping with your daughter instead of spending the day stuffing swag bags or stringing paper flowers? Overlooking details is so easy to do when you have other important things going on.
2) Planner relationships save you money – We already have existing business relationships with vendors, we know the going rates and who is reliable. We use our knowledge of the market to negotiate the best prices and are often able to get planner discounts.
3) We have seen it all – We know what can go wrong -we also have learned the hard way how to fix it and prevent it. Most dilemmas often occur during the beginning of an event, where you will be getting ready or greeting your guests, which brings us to number 4
4) Management of your event behind the scenes so you can enjoy it – You will be the the representative of your company, the parent of the birthday child, etc you cannot be a full time producer too, and why should you? Enjoy your day!
5) Saving you from uncomfortable family situations – Seating arrangements and misaddressed or poorly formatted invitations can cause major rifts with families. We specialize in proper event etiquette, and double check the details for you. It is much easier to tell a guest who doesn’t like their table that the planner suggested it and why. It is also easier for us to remind you to call Aunt Sally whose invite got sent back because she moved into that retirement community. We will have your back, don’t worry.
6) Organization and timelines to keep you on track – Even if you hire an event planner never forget it is YOUR event any good event planner wants you involved as much as you can be. Remember it is YOUR WISH, we are just helping make it happen . We need your help too and we understand life is hectic but if you really want that room and that caterer you need to contract before they are booked – we will remind you to sign those papers!
7) Oversight expertise – Your venue focuses on reception details, your baker the cake, your florist the flowers, and your DJ his set. Our job is making sure everything runs without a hitch. We oversee the entire production from invites to clean up and financial closings. We also are there for you if you have any questions or concerns we act as the middle person.
8) Multi-tasking and problem solving is our thing – We aren’t called event COORDINATORS for nothing! Who is going to make sure the vendors arrive on time? Who is going to give your special guest speaker directions if he is lost? See that the tents and tables are fully assembled? The layout matches your vision? The Ring Bearer has the ring? A million details need to be accounted for to prevent a million things from going wrong -and things never go 100% according to plan, but a planner knows that and can handle any situation that may arise.
9) Maintaining the desired budget – Someone has to keep you in check, or from signing too many! Even though event planners have the ability to get you so much more from your budget, part of our job is to keep you in it. We want your memories to last forever, not your debts!
10) We will be there for you – If you are stressed about your big day not only do we make sure all of the details are taken care of, we also act as a shoulder to cry on and someone to vent to. We are a team working together to achieve the same goal – your event being absolutely amazing.
“If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it’s not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”
― Dalai Lama XIV
Peace, Love & Dandelions